The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the President and CEO with coordination and daily tasks, managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, and assisting with a wide variety of clerical duties. The Executive Assistant will have strong organizational skills, be able to handle confidential information with discretion, and will work to achieve high performance goals.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the President and CEO with coordination and daily tasks
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Maintain the Meeting rhythm with all staff, ensuring meeting times are respected and all preparation done in advance including deliverables from those accountable.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Often times communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with team members, vendors, sales reps, partners, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings and is responsible for all meeting minutes
- Ensures that the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders Strategic Initiatives
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to clients, sales reps and partners
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and clients
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Manage day to day office administrative tasks; phones, emails, meetings, office inventory, staff requests, etc.
You can excel as an Executive Assistant with the following attributes:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or related field plus a minimum of five (5) years work experience in a similar role;
- Proficient understanding and use of all MS Office Products with advanced skills in Word and Excel;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
DRMG is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in DRMG; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.